Saturday, August 18, 2007

True Post #1

Hopefully you've made it through the introduction (I think it posts these on the page in order of most recently published, so you may want to take the time to scroll down a bit and check out 'New Beginnings').

As you probably know, this summer, I have working at Sonic Drive-In. The plan was to work until the week before the big day; moving day.
Going off to college has always been my dream. Not attending college after high school never even crossed my mind. So after I was accepted in to my choice school, The University of Texas at Austin, my dream started becoming a reality. I received my acceptance letter in December, so it still didn't feel quite so 'real.' As boxes were crossed off on the calendar, my distant future was becoming..my closer future. Not what you were expecting? Me neither. Here I am, less than a week away from my check-in day, and it still seems so surreal.
Back to the Sonic story. Today was finally the day. Time to move you may be thinking, but that's not quite it. Actually, today was my last day of work. What exactly is the relevence of that? Well, it makes my college dream feel so much more...well, real.
Ok, I'm talking in circles. I've been dreaming of college for the last 6 years (at least) and now I'm leaving for college in 6 days.

Wow.
How Surreal.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Boog is right. Myspace is so lame when compared to a good Blog. Glad to see you are back to blogging...where you belong. I'll look forward to reading about your new life. Knowing you, I'm sure it will be interesting.